Monday, December 29, 2008

Exercise and a spot for reflection and healing.


Well, the end of 2008 turned out to be a very hurtful, confusing and trying time in my life. I've been finding myself back in a place of deep reflection and self-evaluation. I've learned more about myself in the last three months than ever in my life and feel that I've made some good personal growth in a lot of areas. It was brought to my attention a few months ago, and rightfully so, that I've really been neglecting my physical health. I just haven't been getting out enough. My job and fairly consistent money issues always seem to distract me from getting out and enjoying just breathing the fresh air. Two months ago, I put on some heavy clothes and started riding my bike again. It felt really good and I've been continuing it ever since (save for that crazy blizzard we had for a week.) Along my journeys biking around my neighborhood, I found a great little spot that I've been using as a place of personal reflection. It's a circle of trees on the local community college campus. Almost looks like something out of Lord of the Rings. It's quiet and very peaceful.

2 comments:

  1. It's cool to have a spot like that. I have one too, out near the Table Rocks. I haven't been there since spring time though. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. well eric i hope you know that i think you are wonderful but please no driving down the middle of the road at top speed! A-K

    ReplyDelete